Tax rules and regulations are always changing. That’s why it’s so important to seek out guidance of CPAs who understand the implication these changes can have on your tax obligations.
At Decker, Farrell & McCoy, we know that tax planning is critical to minimizing your taxes. We take an on-going, strategic approach to tax planning. This approach helps you minimize your taxes and take advantage of strategies like capitalizing on business deductions or finding tax-friendly ways to run your business.
Whether you are an individual, partnership, S-corporation, C-corporation, limited liability company (LLC), or any other type of business entity, let our personalized tax compliance and tax planning services help you minimize your short-term taxes and plan for long-term profitability.
Business Entity Tax Services
Whether your business is a corporation, partnership, LLC, or S-Corp, our tax professionals keep you in compliance while also providing consultation and insights into tax savings strategies. Specific examples of our tax work include:
- State income tax management and efficiency
- Real estate acquisitions, dispositions, 1031 tax-free exchanges and financing
- Sales, acquisitions, reorganizations and liquidations of businesses
- Business succession plans
- Business income tax planning
Individual Tax Services
Proper tax planning involves much more than just an annual meeting with a number-cruncher, which is why our services involve year-round communication and consultation. Our tax professionals keep their fingers on the pulse of the income, gift and estate tax laws affecting high income and high wealth individuals and families and we keep our clients apprised of how the ever-changing tax landscape affects them. Services include:
- Personal income tax planning
- Charitable giving planning
- Tax liability projection planning
- Multi-year tax planning
- Timely and accurate quarterly estimates, extensions and tax compliance
Not-for-Profit Tax Services
Not-for-profit organizations have many nuanced tax filing requirements, despite the fact that most organizations are not required to pay income taxes. DFM guides our not-for-profit clients through the various federal, state and local filing requirements, helping them to avoid any pitfalls that may trigger unnecessary taxes or fees.
Tax Services Tailored to Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Tax exempt status consultation and application guidance
- Review of potential unrelated business income tax (UBIT)
- Federal and state tax compliance
- Tax planning for excise tax and other complex issues
- Advice on formation, mergers, liquidations and unrelated business income tax
- Support for other tax filings such as sales tax, payroll tax, property tax, etc.
Fiduciary Tax Services
The administration of estates and trusts can be tricky, and knowing the available elections, distributions rules, and filing deadlines is essential in competent administration. As a trustee, avoid possible problems by following the trust document precisely and using experienced help in preparing the required tax return forms.
- Gift and trust tax returns
- Estate and gift tax planning