Scott M. Decker
Scott Decker is a founding partner of Decker, Farrell & McCoy, LLP. His area of specialization is in litigation and forensic accounting. He has over thirty years of experience with certified public accounting firms.
Scott has extensive experience in providing litigation consulting services both in the capacity of an expert and as a consultant. He has rendered services in more than 1,000 litigation matters and has qualified to testify in court as an expert in numerous of these matters. He has provided services in various aspects of litigation including the development of strategies, assistance with discovery, detailed analysis of data in order to quantify financial issues and/or determine liability, assessment of other financial experts’ opinions and preparation of trial exhibits.
Scott has performed forensic accounting services for a wide range of businesses, including manufacturing, retail, restaurants, medical, accounting and other professional practices, construction, insurance companies and agencies, merchandising, and service businesses.
Scott is certified in business valuation by both the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- B.A., University of California at Santa Barbara – 1985
Professional Societies and Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- National Association of Forensic Economics
Areas of Experience
Mr. Decker has provided services in the following areas of litigation:
- Economic damages
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
- Business valuation and goodwill
- Marital dissolution
- Trademark and patent infringement
- Fiduciary responsibility
- Business interruption and earnings loss
- Accounting and legal malpractice
- Fraud and embezzlement
- Insurance litigation
- Wrongful termination