Leatha L. McCoy
Leatha McCoy is a founding partner of Decker, Farrell & McCoy, LLP and was a partner of our predecessor firm for ten years. Leatha has been providing public accounting financial and accounting services to individual and business clients since 1995. These services include tax preparation, audits, reviews, compilations, agreed upon procedures, management advisory services and litigation support. She enjoys providing management consulting services where she can put over 35 years of hands on experience in accounting and financial management to work for her clients. Using her hands on, on site, approach she will get to know your business and help you find the systems and tools that will work the best for you. She is also responsible for the maintenance of our network system and has provided computer support services to many of our clients. These services include assisting in the purchasing and implementation of hardware and accounting software. She offers support with Peachtree accounting software and is a QuickBooks Pro Advisor and QuickBooks Desktop certified.
Prior to entering public accounting, Leatha spent nine years working for TOLD Corporation in Newbury Park as a financial analyst. Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer she was responsible for the preparation of financial statements, forecasting consolidated operating results, reporting detailed cash flow projections and results, accounting for profit sharing plans and other special projects. Her time at TOLD gave her extensive experience in areas of construction, real estate, property management and finance.
Prior to TOLD Corporation Leatha work for a manufacturing company for eight years in the general accounting department.
- California State University, Northridge for B.S. in Business Administration, Accounting Theory and Practice, graduated Cum Laude
Professional Societies and Activities
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Past Treasurer – Ventura Chamber of Commerce for 4 years
- Past Treasurer – Partners in Education (PIE), Pleasant Valley Christian School for 4 years
- Married, 1 daughter
- Enjoys horseback riding and travel with family
- AYSO soccer coach for 6 years